The Westin Copley Place, Boston, MA
Day One: Thursday July 23rd 2020 Reimagining Branch Design, Staffing & Technology
Thursday, July 23rd, 2020
9:20 AM C-Level Fireside Chat: Merging High Tech & High Touch: How Do You Perfect the Right Balance?
There are many types of customers who come into your branches. And what they are looking to accomplish and their level of comfort with technology can wary wildly! While the instinct to implement flashy new technology to attract customers to your branch is strong, that isn’t always the right decision. It makes more sense to think about who your customer is and why they might be coming into your branch when making choices as to how they’d like to interact with you in your physical locations. Your customer might not like technology or making small talk with other people or thinking about their finances at all. How do you take this into account when thinking about the balance of high tech and high touch across your network? Join this conversation with Pete Mattingly from Chase Bank as he walks us through how his team has been approaching this across their existing network as well as in the branches they opened in 2019.
• Have you found the ideal balance between self-service, assisted self-service or full teller service?
• Does it vary by location based on the customers that visit each?
• Are you thinking customer first when thinking about this blend, given the preferences of different age groups?
• How does your branch channel weave in with the rest of your channels? Have you given your customers enough ways to interact with you in person and online?
• Are your staff members equipped with the right skills and technology to have the right interactions with your customers?